We’re always excited when we have new tools to deliver great solutions to our clients. Biamp Devio is a collaboration tool for modern workplaces that brings Biamp’s full conference room audio to smaller spaces. Biamp Devio will be available in South Africa in the second quarter of 2016 and we can barely wait!
An idea that starts on the desktop or in a cubicle quickly becomes the subject of a spontaneous brainstorming session. Keeping the conversation going is hard because participants must be able to seamlessly move the discussion from the desktop and expand it into the huddle room. Devio is a natural extension of how you work every day, and can be used with any display, client application, or USB camera.
As a single-box solution, Devio is perfect for the South African market and comes packed with conferencing technology, doing all the work so you don’t have to. Just because you don’t have an out-of-budget Video Conference system doesn’t mean you cant enjoy high quality pictures and sound. The Biamp Devio addresses all the pitfalls of software codec based Video Conference systems. Its beamforming microphone has three 120-degree zones, providing full 360-degree coverage of the meeting space.
This technology allows the Devio microphone to track and intelligently mix the conversation from around the table, allowing far-end conference participants to experience the conversation as it unfolds, with perfect clarity. All your participants will enjoy a real-time, collaborative experience. Also included is Biamp Acoustic Echo Cancellation technology (AEC) to diminish echo and feedback, as well as noise reduction that dynamically monitors the room to lessen or eliminate unwanted background noise. The result is exceptional audio quality for call participants on the far end.
• Uses standard Windows and Mac OS X audio drivers — no additional software, drivers, or applications are required to use Devio for audio conferencing
• USB 3.0 allows a customer to plug into his or her laptop to use in-room technology for audio and video conferencing
• 8-element microphone provides 360 degrees of coverage for clear, concise audio
• Acoustic echo cancellation removes unwanted noise for natural, clear conversations on the far end
• Compact design enables flexible installation and placement, including undermount
• Offers simple pass-through HDMI connectivity, and supports up to two displays via DisplayLink USB graphics technology
• Optimizes room audio via auto-setup feature
• Comes with a two-year warranty
How we use Devio
With Devio, we make it easy for you to use soft codec web conferencing services like Skype®, Skype for Business® (Lync®), Citrix GoToMeeting®, Cisco WebEx®, Google Hangouts™, It’s as easy in the huddle room as it is at your desk.
Versatile and easy to use, Devio integrates video output to HDMI displays and offers USB ports for connecting to other devices (like a USB camera) providing the flexibility to create your ideal huddle room set up.
Here are just a few possibilities: